Friday, August 16, 2013

HONEYMOON PHASE



I love Lotus Flower Bomb by Wale not because Wale is from D.C nope it is because what he sings in the song reminds me of how I act or how everybody acts at the beginning of a relationship. The most amazing part of the beginning of relationships is not knowing each other. A.k.a the meeting the preventative phase. How does this happen? This is the time people actually make an effort to impress one another.  I know I take my time on what I am going to wear and how I am going to style my hair or whether I should do my nails and what color. Some of the things that I worry about doing  are things that the guy will not even notice but I do them anyways. I want to make an impression. I get impressed when my date compliments me on small things like my perfume or my smile. I make loads of different analogies.
The first one is the timeliness of the guy. How we ladies love when a guy is on time. I lack patience (Still working on it) therefore; I like it when somebody tells me I am going to pick you up at this time and they actually show up at that allocated time. If they are late may be they should be 10 minutes late otherwise your car better be broken down on the high way or you are lying dead in a ditch Please do not show up with a stupid excuse.
However, when the first few months of the honeymoon phase are over it is heartbreaking. That’s when we ladies start wearing sweat pants and head scarves when our boyfriends are coming over to see just to check on us. During HONEYMOON PHASE we would put on makeup even we are just waking up pretending that’s how we wake up.  Secondly guys will start putting little effort in texting, the “good morning babe”  “How was your day sweetie”   “Good night sugar plum” all disappear and you wonder what happened.  I don’t need to feel validated in a relationship but it is good when I feel appreciated. When I still get phone calls in the middle of the day to check how my day is going so far or a good morning and have a good day text.  I mean if you started with a certain habit why stop when you get the girl or why stop when you get the guy?
It might not be reality to keep the HONEYMOON PHASE going but the least we can do is still make an effort for one another. Ladies you can still do some things that you did before to impress your man like watch sports with him without complaining and look like you are actually enjoying not spend the whole time texting or giving your man subtitles. Guys still compliment your ladies on how they look or take them to fancy dinners or do small things like buy her flowers, chocolate or ice cream or better yet DON’T STOP TEXTING or CALLING.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment